Borah Teamwear seeks an experienced Sewing Machine Operator in Coon Valley, Wisconsin who would like to join our group of passionate team members that are pioneering the custom apparel experience. Live outside of Coon Valley? No problem! We provide daily round-trip transportation from La Crosse to our Coon Valley location for those that prefer to car pool.
Job requirements include thriving in a happy and healthy work environment, fueled by an onsite fitness studio and pristine roads and trails for riding, running and skiing that surround corporate headquarters. Other requirements include the ability to strive for continuous improvement and innovation within the sewing department and by collaborating with other departments on company-wide initiatives.
Borah Teamwear is a 100 percent vertically integrated facility which means there are no shortcuts. You will be challenged to find ways to advance the company’s lean manufacturing processes and produce results that showcase Borah’s made in the USA commitment to precision-crafted quality.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting wage of $12.00 – $14.00 per hour, based on your knowledge and experience, in addition to efficiency incentives (which can add $1.00 – $2.00 more per hour to your wage), a 401k retirement plan, paid time off, paid holidays, employee discounts and a wellness program.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED AS A BORAH SEWING MACHINE OPERATOR.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience operating sewing machines, preferred, however, we will train the right person who demonstrates enthusiasm for our company and the work we do.
- Ability to work with various types of fabric, thread and cords as well as monitor and adjust thread tension, untangle snags in the machine and general understanding of sewing machine operation.
- Ability to position & guide items under needles and attach buttons/snaps/zippers to fabric.
- Possess arm-hand steadiness, excellent finger dexterity, and view items up close.
- New operators are expected to reach 100% productivity within 6-8 months from hire date.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Ability to follow safe work practices and proper lifting techniques.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, kneel and reach; lift of up to 25 pounds, as needed.
- Ability to read and follow instructions.
- Possess a passion for perfection, impeccable attendance record and an exceptional work ethic.
INTERESTED? Apply online below.
ABOUT US. Borah is a team of apparel enthusiasts. We manufacture 100% of our product line in our Wisconsin factory. By maintaining total control of the manufacturing process, we ensure each customer the luxury of a high quality, USA made product, delivered on-time, every time as expected. Learn more about us at borahteamwear.com.