Borah Teamwear seeks a Graphic Designer/Production Artist to join their team in Coon Valley, Wisconsin. We’re a passionate team of exceptional people pioneering the custom apparel experience. If you’re equally passionate about delivering excellence, consider joining this team. Live outside of Coon Valley? No problem! Borah provides daily round-trip transportation from La Crosse to our Coon Valley location for those that prefer to carpool.
Job requirements include thriving in a happy and healthy work environment, fueled by an onsite fitness studio and pristine roads and trails for riding, running and skiing that surround corporate headquarters. Other requirements include the ability to strive for continuous improvement and innovation within the production department and by collaborating with other departments on company-wide initiatives.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE GRAPHIC DESIGNER/PRODUCTION ARTIST.
- Designs art for clothing designs.
- Performs computer image manipulation in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Assists in quality control by proofing final artwork before submission to customer and print.
- Works with clients to create and execute designs for their customer clothing orders.
- Determines size, arrangement, type style and size of illustrations.
- Arranges layout according to space availability and using knowledge of layout principles/design concepts.
- Studies illustrations and photographs to plan presentation of clothing design.
- Creates samples of finished layout and presents to client for approval.
- Reviews production work and suggests improvements.
- Assists with coordination of work performed by freelance artists, intern workers and other departments.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. $13.00 – $16.00 per hour, based on your knowledge and experience, in addition to a 401k retirement plan, paid time off, paid holidays, employee discounts and a wellness program.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED AS A BORAH GRAPHIC DESIGNER/PRODUCTION ARTIST.
- Associates Degree in Graphic or Industrial Design or 2 years’ work experience in graphic or industrial design.
- Previous experience as a graphic designer covering all aspects of artwork preparation and printing with emphasis on retail sales/promotion design a bonus.
- Proficiency with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Ability to design art for clothing designs using knowledge of layout principles and design concepts.
- Patience and commitment to excellence while working with our clients to create/execute designs for their customer clothing orders.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, kneel and reach; lift of up to 25 pounds, as needed.
- Possess a passion for perfection, impeccable attendance record and an exceptional work ethic.
INTERESTED? Apply online below.
ABOUT US. Borah is a team of apparel enthusiasts. We manufacture 100% of our product line in our Wisconsin factory. Team members are challenged to find ways to advance the company’s lean manufacturing processes and produce results that showcase Borah’s made in the USA commitment to precision-crafted quality. By maintaining total control of the manufacturing process, we ensure each customer the luxury of a high quality, USA made product, delivered on-time, every time as expected. Learn more about us at borahteamwear.com.